Senior Project Officer
|Term - up to 30 June 2019|
External vacancy - open to everyone
|Salary range:||ASO6 ($90,984 pa - $96,343 pa)|
Central office located in Adelaide CBD
The Auditor-General’s Department is the independent auditor of the South Australian public sector. The Department reports directly to Parliament on the audits and examinations of state and local government agencies covering financial reports and operations, controls and matters of public interest. As one of the largest external auditing organisations in South Australia, we value our independence as we go about getting the job done in improving public sector accountability.
If you join our Department you will become part of a friendly and supportive team committed to professional excellence. You will work collaboratively doing a variety of interesting and challenging work that you will find personally satisfying while building skills to advance your career.
Our extensive training and development programs include on the job training, in the classroom and online learning. These programs provide the skills to perform at your best.
Flexible working and leave arrangements are part of the way we operate. Balancing work and personal life is important and we provide a range of entitlements to meet these needs.
For more information on working with us please meet our people here.
About the role
The Senior Project Officer is responsible for the planning design, development and where required, delivery of a range of strategic projects. The duties will include:
- preparing system specifications
- undertaking market research
- developing business cases
- engaging and negotiating with and contract managing third party providers
- developing strategies for implementation.
To be successful in the role you must have:
- strong project management experience, demonstrating the application of project management principles and practices
- experience in the development of IT systems specifications and procurement
- high level verbal communications skills including experience in liaising, consulting and negotiating with a wide a range of internal and external stakeholders
- demonstrated understanding of change management principles and practices, and ability to identify impacts of change on staff and external stakeholders.
For more information please see the role description attached below.
- Must have Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency status at time of applying
- The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a criminal history check
How to apply
- Read the role description. Click here to download.
- Read the guidelines for applicants. Click here to download. (Please note: this application process does not require the separate competency statement please use as general guide only when preparing your two page cover letter as detailed below)
- Complete the online form below and add your attachments. This must include:
- Cover letter - of up to two pages providing sufficient information/evidence to demonstrate your suitability for the role specifically addressing the 'professional and technical expertise' requirements outlined in the role description (see page 4 under the competency profile)
- Relevant academic transcripts/Professional certifications/accreditation
- Proof of Australian citizenship/residency
- Successful criminal history check (if you already have one less than a year old)
Manager, People and Capability
Phone: 08 8226 9640
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 14 December 2018
The Auditor-General’s Department promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.